The design world intersects with business, as Home Accents Today reports: "Retail and manufacturing contributed significantly to GDP growth in 2010, reversing 2 years of decline." Plus, Women's Wear Daily examines the design community's fascination with Bloomberg Businessweek and The Editor at Large announces the opening of the DC Design House. Links and more news below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Retail and manufacturing contributed to GDP growth in 2010 | Home Accents Today
• Bloomberg Businessweek is a design community favorite | Women's Wear Daily
• DC Design House opens spotlighting area's top designers | Editor at Large
• MoMA Design Store's latest collection inspired by Istanbul | Elle Decor
• A new book celebrates photographer Todd Eberle's 30-year career | Architectural Digest