Finding a pale, broken robin's egg on the ground is a sure sign that spring is in full force. We like the color just as well in the home, where its pale iciness can be refreshing in a sunny bedroom, unexpected in a kitchen and cheery in a living room. Paired with white and black, it's glamorous; with brown and wood tones, it's classic; while, bright touches of color (like red!) make it fun and folkloric. See for yourself!
- Rachel's Robin's Egg Rooms House Call: Rachel shared how she used this color in her kitchen and her living room in this house call.
- Used in the kitchen, and especially dramatic when paired with a glamorous light fixture, blue is an unexpected and cool color for a room that often veers into the warmer end of the spectrum.
- David's Robin's Egg Refreshing Room: David entered our Room For Color contest last year with this happy blue bedroom.
- another exampleMy Mother's Blue Bedroom: Here's of a blue bedroom we love and a good reminder of how modern and sophisticated blue can be.
- Headboard Idea: Blue Racing Stripes: Blue can also tip glamorous when paired with white and black. Even with the tongue-in-cheek use of stripes as in this bedroom.
- Kelly Osborne's Blue Bathroom: This bathroom is awash in a blue from the tiles to the cabinetry for a clean, fresh feeling.
- Close-up: Diana's Blue Ceiling: This reader painted her kitchen ceiling blue, instantly refreshing the whole space.
- Blogging...Our Home Decor Style And How It Rarely Changes: If you're too timid to paint your whole room blue, refresh an old chair with a happy coat of paint. Paired with a dark wood table, it's a classic color combination that's anything but childish.
MORE ROBIN'S EGG BLUE:
Images: as linked above, except for image 2: Domino Magazine