- Montreal Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Its coziness. It's like every little corner has its own personality.
Its open space configuration. It makes the place look bigger than it really is, and allows us to entertain guests pretty much every weekend!
Its size. Having a small space has its upsides: you can actually afford more expensive furniture since you actually don't need as much. Also, less cleaning, more chilling.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Don't rush out to buy custom made furniture. Large pieces can fit in a small space (we have a 9,5' long couch) and still leave plenty of space to live in.
2. Take your time to find just what you need to fill in your tiny space. It's ok if the corner of your living room doesn't look quite right for a few months.
3. Go white. Painting everything white (except for our bedroomish corner) gives a nice neutral canvas. It seems bigger than it really is and you can accessorize as you please.