The days of spending hours under the sun with the warm breeze in your hair are about to be over. Soon enough, we'll be rushing indoors to avoid the gray light and frigid air that fall introduces.
As human beings we have a certain need to communicate with the natural world, and when we're locked up underneath fluorescent lights for months at a time, it can take a toll on our sanity. Some of our favorite spaces are designed so that the outside gets filtered in, and even if we can't comfortably be a part of the scenes, we can still admire them from not-too-afar.
All of these rooms use their views as the major focal point. While interior spaces, they are very conscious of their situations amidst nature and embrace it as a spectacular backdrop.
1. Bring the Outdoors In with Paint
2. LA House Tour: Debbie and Olivier's One Window House
3. The Benefits of a Room with a View
4. Allison & Paul's Gem With a View
5. Nguyen Qui Duc's Mountain Home in Vietnam
Images: As credited at links above