Facing a slew of houseguests in our own future, we had planned on writing a post chronicling what we felt were the top five elements needed in a guest room. We realized we've already seen a ton of great advice on a variety of guest topics, however, and decided to round them up for you in one convenient spot instead. And of course...we'll want your opinions on houseguests!
posted originally from: AT:LA
For the record, we were going to say that a comfortable mattress, a nightstand with reading lamp, a place to store luggage, privacy and access to snacks are the elements we think are the most important thing for a guest room. But, as we mentioned, there has been all sorts of great advice on Apartment Therapy on the subject of houseguests already:
- 10 ways to accomodate guests in a small space
- How to make guests feel welcome
- How to be a good houseguest
- What to do when you don't have a guest room
- Items you reserve for guests only
- How to prepare for a houseguest
- How to be a green houseguest
- Guest house inspiration
- House guests and pets advice
- Guests and a new baby
- Stocking the home for holiday guests
What's the best houseguest advice you've got? Do you know what a guest room needs? Do you know how to be the best guest in someone else's house? Do you have the secrets of staying sane with a home full of guests? Let us know!