If there was just one decade that I could choose to borrow from it would be the 70s. An abundance of plants, brass, and the arts and crafts movement made for a rich, textured approach that feels lived in. One of my favorite trends to have a resurgence is wall hangings. Here are a few of our favorite versions that you can buy or DIY.
1. A colorful DIY (with a bit of a shortcut) from a Beautiful Mess.
2. A simple black and white palette draws attention to the graphic form of this wall hanging from Hazel and Hunter, $273.
3. Pretty pastels add to the playful nature of this piece from Wall and Woven, $60.
4. Metallic fibers up the ante in the Yoki Wall Hanging by Native Line, $390.
5. A copper hanger makes this feel modern, and a simple hack for a loom makes the project much more achievable than it looks in this DIY from a Beautiful Mess.
6. This colorful yarn banner DIY from The Creative Bug would make a great Photo Booth backdrop.
7. An ombre piece with an extra dose of texture from Woven Laine, ($140) is on trend.
8. A dip-dyed macrame piece from Slow Down Productions, ($74) is a lighter take on the trend.
9. Suspended from an arrow, the mix of textiles used in the weaving makes the Denim Wall Hanging piece by All Roads Market ($300) a standout.
10. Pretty pastel tones, and a zigzag pattern make this wall hanging by Sun Woven ($75) a great pick for a modern nursery.