We've just added a second bedside lamp to our room, having only used one side of the bed up until now. As a single person, the "other" side of the bed often goes neglected, and we've decided to change that. This has caused us to take a closer look at different arrangements of light sources in the bedroom.
Here are some of our favorite iterations of the bedside lamp. We often read, so prefer some sort of task light, but there are some interesting ideas in here!
• 1 We love the juxtaposition of an ornate chandelier on one side with an angled, jointed, modern task light on the other at Living Etc.
• 2 Desire to Inspire has a beautiful image of a room designed by Angie Hranowsky that employes a more traditional, symmetrical look.
• 3 We're not sure how functional this pendant lamp over the bed would be for reading, but it certainly is gorgeous! Via Living Etc.
• 4 Bolig Magasinet designed this room with a statement floor lamp next to the bed, via Desire to Inspire.
• 5 Door Sixteen showcased another bed with a statement floor lamp next to it, photographed by Per Magnus Persson
• 1 We love the sculptural look of this task light, especially against the bold blue wall, at Living Etc.
• 2 Living Etc. (always a source of inspiration) also presented a dual hanging pendant design that we love.
• 3 If you're game, this candle-powered floor lamp seen at Poppytalk adds a gothic romance to the bedroom! (from Biskopsgarden)