Black Friday at this point has become almost as much of a holiday as Thanksgiving, so much that it's almost hard to avoid all the hype over doorbusters, deals, and consuming more, more and more. But there's a lot of things we can think of that would be a lot more fun — check out our favorites after the jump.
We're not necessarily suggesting you go on a consumer fast like Buy Nothing Day (but if you want to go for it!), but there are a lot of other ways to spend time with your family, relax or make something:
Make something and bond with your family.
• Roundup: Our Best How-To Projects and DIY Guides
Volunteer and give thanks to your community.
• Community Involvement: Green Volunteerism
• Inspiration: Community Partnership for the Homeless
• A Summer of Service: A Different Kind of Staycation
• Holiday Giving: Help Those in Need
• Donate to Green Charities With GoodSearch
Get ready for the upcoming holidays.
• How To: Make a Magazine Christmas Tree
• How To: Make Easy Green Wreaths All Year Round
• Two DIY Paper Snowflakes
• Wrap Your Gifts in a Dishtowel, Furoshiki-Style
• 9 Ways to Green Your Gift Wrapping
Just relax and enjoy the long weekend
• 14 Ways To Keep Warm Without Turning the Heat On or Up