Real diamonds may not be encrusting many pieces of home décor (chandeliers, side tables, frames...) anymore, but diamonds still make their impact on fashion for the home. Displaying diamond style could be an ironic way to memorialize the hey-days of luxury... or is it simply as gauche as a cubic zirconia posing as the real deal?
A recent article in The New York Times reports that jewelry is one of the retail areas slumping the most in these economic times, but what about diamond décor? If nothing else, some of these would be great gifts for about-to-be-weds or newlyweds.
• 1 Concerto glassware from Z Gallerie
• 2 Diamond paperweights from Z Gallerie
• 3 Napkin holders at Target
• 4 The famous Bertoia Diamond Lounge Chair at Design Within Reach
• 5 Alexandra von Furstenberg's controversial Bullet Cocktail Table, sold at her showroom in Los Angeles
• 6 Diamond wall lamp at UnicaHome
• 7 Stones for accenting wallpaper from Graham & Brown
• 8 Kohinoor bar tray by Magpie at UnicaHome
• 9 Basin by David Knott