We've visited many other cities' botanic gardens, but somehow had skipped the Chicago one altogether...until last week. My family finally made the trip north to Glencoe to tour these free gardens (parking gets the $$). There was a sunny sense of calm during our quick escape. We surprised ourselves by spending a glorious four hours meandering, sitting and snacking (on heirloom tomatoes and aged cheddar), and recommend this getaway to anyone who has a beautiful, free day ahead of them...
Across the Apartment Therapy sites, the editors have documented visits to the following, shown left to right above:
1. Huntington Botanical Gardens (Pasadena, CA)
2. Bartholdi Park Garden (Washington D.C.)
3. Brooklyn Botanic Garden; image: Scouring Rush
4. UC Botanic Garden (Berkeley, CA)
5. Huntington once again (focusing on the stone/ground patterns...)
Information about the Chicago Botanic Garden online here.