Roundup: New Takes on Old Doors
Long before “going green” became the buzz phrase that it is now, we’ve had a thing for salvaged doors. Their solid construction and interesting craftsmanship make them perfect candidates for a host of repurposing projects. Here are a favorite few…
• 1 You know how we feel about our chalkboards, so of course you know how thrilled we were to find one paired with another love: old doors.
• 2 If you have a DIYer spirit and a beautiful old door, this door-turned-vanity would make an awesome addition to your land strip or bedroom. For instructions visit This Old House’s site.
• 3 Dining tables are often a big investment, so we were thrilled when Design Sponge featured Julia Crawford’s idea of using a transformed door as a big ticket item alternative.
• 4 When we think corner cabinets, we usually think fussy and formal, but this old door version from Junk Market Style is anything but.
• 5 We also love Meredith from & Unlimited Dog’s idea of using an old door as a desk. This one was salvaged from her parents’ home remodel, and put to good use as an expansive work area in her photography studio. For more pictures and details about the project, visit Gregory’s feature on Unplugged.