Just thought we should pass along these exciting sales from some of our favorite local Portland artists. We have had our eye on a couple of these products for a while but weren't loving the price tags. Now, we will definitely be making a purchase before it's too late.
1. Although this lamp looks more like a dead bird than a sleeping bird, it can be a perfect addition to your bedside table, just don't try to stand this little birdie on it's feet. Originally priced at $524, Branch Home has recently marked it down to $262.
2. Pigeon Toe Ceramics have been creating clean, "rustic chic" designs for a year and to celebrate their one year anniversary, they are offering a 20% discount on all products until the end of January. Plus, 5% of all sales are being donated to help Doctors Without Borders in Haiti.
3. Perfect for the camera collector, The Ghost Camera Sculpture is a full scale reproduction of the Polaroid SX-70. Although it is designed by the San Francisco company, Yellow Owl Workshop, it is handmade in Portland, Oregon using an electric kiln powered by wind energy. Originally $68.00, we found it here for $49.99.
4. One of our most treasured shops to find vintage furniture deals is Janus Home. Usually while wandering the store, we are wishing our pockets were much deeper but occasionally they have great sales and those are the days we love the most. This cube chair, fully reupholstered in a silver chenille has been majorly marked down to $495 and would be a great addition for someone's mid-century home.
5. In Portland, it is obvious that mass produced ceramics are out and handmade, individually crafted pieces are in. This is especially true at Elsa and Sam. Their popular square serving dish is now available for $68.