We love the idea of wallpaper, and we usually find ourselves drawn to bold artistic prints, but when it comes to papering a whole wall with those prints, we find it hard to make the leap. It's easy to imagine growing tired of a crazy bold wallpaper before the adhesive has dried. A subtle print, on the other hand, with tone-on-tone texturing or even a little mild metallic, could be a great choice for long-lasting appeal. Check out some of our favorite wallpaper choices on the subtler end of the spectrum...
• 1 Topo Dorado limited edition handmade wallpaper by Allan the Gallant, available for $172 per roll from Gallant Tales.
• 2 Ellipse by Palace Papers, $154 per roll.
• 3 Flux hand-screened wallpaper by Jill Malek, $150 per roll.
• 4 Fairy flower wallpaper in red by Ferm Living, available for $115 per roll at Hygge and West.
• 6 Schnee from Dominic Crinson (contact for a price quote).
• 7 Graham and Brown Umbra Phantom wallpaper, available from Design Public for $60 per roll.
• 8 Graham and Brown Hula wallpaper in soft green by Barbara Hulanicki, available at Design Public for $60 per roll.