The side tables that flank our living room couch aren't exactly the right scale; they're too short, topping off a good six inches below the sofa arm. But seeing as there's a recession on, new side tables aren't exactly in the cards. New lamps, however, are a necessary purchase for the room, which is too dim at night for reading. So we figured we'd kill two birds with one stone and choose tall, narrow table lamps to balance out the stubby side tables. Here some favorites from our search...
These lamps range from mod to rustic, from conservative to romantic, from cheap to pricey, but none of them is more than a foot and a half wide, including the shade, and most are from 25" to 36" tall.
• 1 Lights Up! Cancan Adjustable Table Lamps, $124 from Design Public.
• 2 Chelsea Table Lamp, $110 from Pottery Barn (shade sold separately).
• 3 Half and Half Lamp, $29.99 from Urban Outfitters (shade sold separately).
• 4 Lujsas Salbo Table Lamp, $39.99 from Ikea.
• 5 Lights Up! Nikki Tall Table Lamp, $210 from Design Public.
• 6 Ada Table Lamp, $59.95 from CB2.
• 7 Ginkgo Leaf Lamp, $375 from Vivaterra.
• 8 Green Yuan Lamp, $198 from Anthropologie.
• 9 Laveau Table Lamp, $298 from Anthropologie.
• 10 Inhabit Builtby Lamp, $232 from Design Public.