Rusted steel is generally seen as a worn, stain-inducing industrial material. But it has been used in interiors, whether entire floors of Corten steel or mirrors in sealed rusted steel frames. The material is at once warm (the rusty hue and rough texture) and cool (the hard surface and cold steel)...
• 1 This isn't even rust or steel, but a pretty darn accurate steel-look porcelain tile from Tile City
• 2 Sun Globe of bronze and rust patina finish by Caldern Studio
• 3 Amsterdam Mirror from Wildflower Organics has a waxed rusted metal frame
• 4 Another steel-look tile from Suffolk Stone and Ceramics
• 5 The floor of this Fritz Hansen showroom in Milan is made of Corten steel.