Name & Location: Sage in Boston, Massachusetts
My Favorite Room: Hallway & Stairwell in Entryway
Specs: 40 square feet in a house
This space easily could have been the most boring in our house, and it certainly started out that way — a dim, cramped hallway and stairwell with very little natural light.
We wanted a bright and colorful look, so we painted all the wood trim and paneling white, the walls light gray, removed the doors to the narrow pantry and turned it into colorful built-in shelving, painted the inside of the front door, and then added some pizzazz to the stairs with colorful fabric on the risers.
Large scale art and new light fixtures finished the space. It was a lot of DIY (including many days of painting), but it was oh so worth it to create this fun space in the heart of our home!
- Wall color: Moonshine by Benjamin Moore
- Front door color: Spirit in the Sky by Benjamin Moore
- Back of the built-ins: Surf Blue by Benjamin Moore
- Overhead lights: Brimfield Overhead Flushmount and Modern Diner
- Fabric: Sunprint Feathers from Fabric.com (no longer available)
Thanks, Sage! You can find more details on Sage's favorite room on her blog, Plaster and Disaster.