This week is all about sales, with many of those end of the year discounts rolling well into the month of January (one of them ending today), including sales from the likes of Room and Board, Bahay Home, BoConcept, H for Hannah, H.D. Buttercup, Bobby Berk Home and Pierre Deux at the Pacific Design Center...
- Room & Board is still clearing out their 2008 stock of merchandise with discounts up to 40% off, including sofas, chairs, stools, beds, bedding, storage, outdoor furniture, rugs, lighting and accessories. For the complete list, check out their site.
- BoConcept's Upholstered Furniture Sale continues with 20% off all in-stock upholstery and 20% off Basic XT Wall System, including sofas, living chairs, ottomans and more, while supplies last. Till January 25th.
- Bahay Home of Culver City is offering 20% off all modern classics. 825 Main Street, Culver City, CA 90232 Tel. 310 836 2181
- Bobby Berk Home will be offering 15% off All Gus Modern Essentials furniture January 15th - February 15th 2009 online, including a 50-70% off linen sale on their entire Casa Poggesi Luxury Linen Collection.
- H for Hannah is offering 15% off all products from their line, available at their site.
- Find some French Country at a discounted rate at Pierre Deux's Annual Winter Sale with savings up to 70% OFF on select merchandise till February 1st. Pacific Design Center 8687 Melrose Avenue, Ste G-152
- Last day to catch some discounted finds at H.D. Buttercup, where they're offering 30%-70% on everything from Persian rugs to Moroccan lanterns to Assouline books in individual, easy-to-browse mini boutiques. 3225 Helms Ave., Culver City, 310-558-8900.
- And one event for the art/architectural buffs: Architectural Installation - Locus Remix. Dorit Margreiter presents a triad of film and video installation works including "10104 Angelo View Drive" (2004), centered on an iconic modernist home by architect John Lautner; "Zentrum" (2006), which captures a moment in the reconstruction of Leipzig, Germany as it attempts to rid itself of the traces of its Communist past; and "Failed Model for an Enclosed System" (2006) which takes the form of a slide show about the failed Biosphere 2 experiment in Arizona in the early 1990s. At the Mak Center starting today till March 8.