- Tampa, FL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the neighborhood, the natural light, the wood floors, the little time it takes to clean, and only having to walk 20ish steps from the bed to the fridge!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- Living in a small space can be difficult, especially if you're coming from a larger space (like I was). I learned that:
1) Less is more. You have to get rid of stuff you don't use, since storage space is a hot commodity. One in/one out rule for purchases.
2) Items doing double duty. For example, having a sleeper sofa for guests, or my oven range with a cutting board on top to increase counter space. Items that serve two (or more!) purposes really make a difference.
3) Putting stuff away right after you use it. Clutter is very apparent in a small space, so I learned to put stuff away shortly after I'm finished using it. If I let my stuff sit out, I can always see it, and I feel it causes stress. Putting stuff away creates a calmer, more organized space.