- Toronto Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My apartment building was built in 1913 and used to house single women who came to Toronto looking for work. I love that there's such a rich history behind my building; there's even a coach house in the back! What I love most about my small space is how I'm constantly forced to keep only the most necessary items. Because I only have one tiny closet, and not a lot of storage space, I have to be selective in what I can bring into my apartment. I also really love the location - it's right downtown and close to shopping areas, lots of restaurants, parks and the art gallery.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Because my place is so small, I've left most of the walls white and a lot of my furniture is white to make the space look bigger.
2. I've tried to use as much overhead space as I could. I utilized the space above my kitchen cabinets by filling up boxes with little items such as stationery or nail polishes and baking supplies.
3. I've also tried to buy furniture that was functional. My desk/kitchen table is a wall mounted drop leaf table. I have stackable stools that serve as a night table when not in use. My coffee table is an ottoman that opens up and holds the majority of my shoes inside.