- Washington, DC
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I feel like this home was made for me! The previous owner renovated this space that was originally built in 1915. It has 7 sets of French doors, a fireplace, and a wine fridge- what more does a person need?
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Nothing can be arbitrary in a small home- everything should be loved and serve a purpose.
2. Don't be afraid to buy exactly what you want- I wanted those custom-upholstered lavender chairs in the kitchen. Extravagant if you are buying 10; I was buying 2 and use them to work, dine, and entertain. I love them!
3. I remember hearing you should not paint small places dark colors or put wallpaper on them. Those are some of my favorite touches to this small place. Sweat, tears, and a tiny bit of blood are behind that wallpaper but it makes me happy.