- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love how even though our studio is tiny, it feels like a magical place that expands to accommodate any number of people. We have fit many visitors for dinner parties, sleepovers and lazy sports Sundays. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to have others enjoy our tiny home. When my boyfriend and I decided that it was time for him to move in we were both extremely nervous about space. After a lot of planning and re-organizing we realized it’s big enough for us both to enjoy!
I absolutely love all of the beautiful details that come with living in an old brownstone. I never appreciated white walls until living here but the tall ceilings, bright windows and pretty molding have made me a convert! I also love the built-in loft space because it feels almost like a one bedroom. Almost.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Spend time on the details. If you pay attention to things that usually get ignored it can make a world of a difference! Cord management for electronics, little pops of color here and there, bins to collect loose items above cabinets...could you function without these things? Yes! But your place will feel clean and put together with a little attention to detail.
2) Don’t be afraid to switch things up, including your furniture arrangement. Just because you live in a small place doesn’t mean you’re stuck without options.The best part of living somewhere tiny is that even small changes make a big impact.
3) Identify your messy habit(s) and apply creative solutions. Laundry is my biggest problem. I throw my clothes all over the place. Once I figured out my hesitancy to put things in the dirty bin I realized I needed a place to stash the “still wearable but not quite clean” items. I purchased a hamper with two sections to make it easier for me to keep my mess off of the floor.