Growing up in a house with a hedge maze in the backyard, I've always wanted my outdoor space to inspire play and imagination — a great place to hang out while drinking and eating way too much on warm summer nights that seem to last forever.
1. My dream outdoor room
2. I love the geometric shapes of sculpted topiary and the whimsy created by bringing structure to nature's chaos. This photograph by Beth Dow is available as a print from 20x200.
3. This open weave teak chair from Terrain is rustic and just ridiculously gorgeous.
4. "I'm red!" Enough said: a well-designed croquet set from DWR.
5. Artecnica's Tatu coffee table designed by Stephen Burks is hand-woven by South African artisans.
6. I can't resist the simplicity of a handwoven Mayan hammock, available from kwhammocks.com.
7. This vintage light string from Restoration Hardware is cool and slightly industrial.
8. Thomas Paul's octopus pillow is one of my favorites and this one is made from mold and mildew resistant outdoor fabric, available at Velocity.
9. This umbrella, handmade in Thailand for The Conran Shop would add a lovely spot of color to the garden.
10. Azobe containers from Restoration Hardware look as if they were meant to hold our topiaries.