- Laguna Beach, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I never thought I could or would want to live in such a small space until I fell in love with Laguna. By downsizing I had to decide what things were special to me and what was just clutter ( there was a lot of clutter). It also inspired me to be very creative with the pieces I did keep and to find ways to arrange the furniture that maximized the space, was functional and that I liked to look at! I love coming home the this place.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Prioritize. Although it can be hard to let go of things it makes a huge difference when you really pare down to the items you love. For me living in 242 sq. ft. helped me find my personal style and I know that is why enjoy being here so much.
2. Be creative with storage/look for pieces with multiple uses. I have a seat hanging on my wall as art that I can take down if needed. My "sofa" is actually a cedar chest that I made a cushion cover for. It also slides under my glass coffee table/desk/dinner table to make room for my yoga mat.
3. Experiment. Most people have never seen my place look the same as it did the last time they came over. I have played around with the setup countless times. It has looked great but not been functional and it has been functional but not so hot looking. I feel like I have found the perfect balance with the current arrangement but it will likely keep evolving. I think I really just enjoy the process!