SCP: Colorful Home Décor & Furniture from the UK
OK, so it might be a little cruel to post a store that prices everything in euros and pounds, but SCP’s inventory is so unique and such a good fit for Room for Color month that we felt the need to share it. This London shop aggregates some of the most interesting designers currently working in the UK — people like Donna Wilson, Matthew Hilton, and Russell Pinch.
The SCP showroom first opened in 1985 with an exhibition of furniture by Philippe Stark. By 1986, they were exhibiting emerging British designers at the Milan furniture fair. In the 90s, they mounted several high-profile exhibitions with people like Jasper Morrison and Paul Smith, and by the current decade, they’d cemented their position as an outpost at the vanguard of contemporary UK design.
They now have two stores in London — one in Notting Hill and one in Shoreditch — and they also maintain an online catalog. They ship internationally, but they don’t currently offer online processing for international orders — you have to call for delivery pricing and info. Here are a few of our picks from their site:
- Mabel Sofa by Donna Wilson, £3,730
- Oscar Armchair by Matthew Hilton, £2,235
- Dot Cushions by Hay, £70
- Handmade Antique Quilts, £160
- Mobile Line Storage Unit, £400
- Mega Dot Large Quilt by Hay, £171
- K1 Shelving by Kriptonite, £1,446
- Fairisle Rug by Donna Wilson, £875
- Elsie 2-Seat Sofa by Russell Pinch, £1,637
- Wastberg Desk Lamp by Studioilse, £375