Seaside Inspiration: Driftwood Decor
Fresh from a seaside vacation and flush with beach inspiration, we are swimming in summery ideas for our home. We’ll begin with our favorite, this amazing driftwood screen, which left us awestruck for hours.
The suspended screen was designed and created by Susan Castor Wilson for a beach front home in Port Aransas, Texas. Short pieces of driftwood are drilled with holes and strung with wire. Each end of the chain is fixed to a board anchored to the floor or ceiling. The effect is both eye-catching and unassuming, adding texture and warmth to the powder room.
We were so enamored with the driftwood screen that we had to find other wonderful uses of weathered wood (photos from previous page):
1. Driftwood screen by Susan Castor Collection.
2. Lovely driftwood wreath by Devon Driftwood Designs could be adorned with white lights in the winter.
3. Gorgeous driftwood chandelier is available at Cottage and Bungalow.
4. This modern driftwood mirror from West Elm is on sale now!
5. A new look for a chalkboard, a driftwood frame created by Black Eyed Susan.
(images of driftwood screen by Misty Adair)