What happens when a for-sale item from Craigslist gets a new lease on life? Here, in a new weekly feature, we find new ways to repurpose one man's trash into our treasure.
- Keep it standing upright and drape hangers through the holes. Makes a wild coat rack for an entryway.
- If you've got neutral or modern interiors, hang it horizontally against a long, uncluttered wall. The pop of green and the unusual shape turns it into a veritable large-scale artwork.
- Fold it so lies flush with the right angles of a bench or a long window seat. Toss in patterned throw pillows with all shades of greens and whites; Schumacher has an eye-popping selection of coordinating geometric prints.
- Use it as a modern tatami mat for indoor dinner parties. The surface functions as a trivet and also as a ground cover that guests can sit on.
- Hang it on a wall and position wall hooks so they pop through the holes. Create an "anything board" for the foyer—hang purses/accessories, hats, scarves, keys, cotton grocery bags and more.
Past Second Chances: