What happens when a for-sale item from Craigslist gets a new lease on life? Here, in a new weekly feature, we find new ways to repurpose one man's trash into our treasure.
- Fill it with ice and turn it into a party cooler. Toss in bottles of beer or white wine/Champagne and let guests help themselves. Or, use it as a punch bowl.
- Pack it with sand and situate dried reeds or long, twisty branches. Its stout form is a nice change from an oft-seen oversized vase and creates an interesting juxtaposition to the delicate plant material.
- Use it in a guest room as a care package. Place it on a dresser and stock it with sample-size soaps/shampoos, lotions/sunscreens and area maps/dining guides. Or, place it at the foot of a guest bed and fill it with rolled-up extra towels, a pair of slippers and an eye mask.
- Stash it by the entry hall or below an entry console and use it as an umbrella holder.
- Turn it upside down and place a group of pillar candles (2 or 3-inch diameter) of varying heights on top.
Found on Craigslist New York.