Modernism embraces the idea that one well-designed item can have multiple uses. And a small-space table setting is a fantastic opportunity to see this play out, whether it's being used for a full dinner party or a party of one. In planning the modern table, don't bother with separate dishes for cereal and soup. You just need a few essentials that can transition from breakfast to dinner, from family time to party time. Here's how to pull off an easy, party-ready table using everyday items from Target's new brand, Project 62®.
Let's break away from the idea of needing a separate set of "fancy" china for entertaining; your everyday dinnerware is already party-perfect. Especially if you opt for stackable, simple dishes like the ones from Project 62. Entertaining doesn't get much easier than this.
Shop The Table
- Westbrook Dining Table: A white top creates a canvas for table settings, while warm wood legs bring streamlined support.
- Modern Vase – Tall: Arrange a few branches and blooms in two vases — one tall, one small — for an instant, no-fuss leveled tablescape.
- Serving Bowl – Round – Stainless Steel: Set out a bowl of fruit, vegetables, chips, popcorn, cookies, or candy — anything that makes it easy for guests to help themselves.
- Round Enameled Tray: A classic round tray works for wine, coffee, cocktails, or candles. It works in the kitchen, living room, or wherever you want a drink station — and then for wherever you want it when you change your mind mid-party.
- Marble & Wood Cheese Cutting Board: Wood and marble set the stage for cheese, charcuterie, and delicious hors d'oeuvres.
- Marble Cheese Slicer: To make the easiest-ever cheese board, put out a few varieties and let guests slice and serve themselves.
- Acacia Serving Bowl: Invest in beautiful basics: a spreader, cheese knife, fork and chisel knife are all you need.
- Mountain Glass Double Old-Fashioned: For a fun and fuss-free table, mix different colored drinking glasses together.
- Portel Teal Stoneware – 16pc Dinnerware Set: Simple, modern dishes like these allow the food to take center stage. Plus, they never go out of style.
- 5pc Izon Flatware Set – Gold: Good design is in the details. A metallic flatware set brings just-the-right amount of shine to the mix.
Project 62: Modern Pieces Made for Everyday Living
1962 WAS A BIG YEAR. Modernist design hit its peak and moved into homes across the country. And in Minnesota, Target was born — with the revolutionary idea to celebrate design for all. Project 62 embodies this legacy with a collection of modern pieces new and only at Target.
This post is sponsored by Target.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Apartment Therapy possible.