Now that October's here, we're dreaming of cozy dinner parties on twilit evenings, with fragrant stews and probably some luscious pumpkin desserts. Of course we're also dreaming of decorating such parties, with candles everywhere and maybe, instead of flowers, a few plants with deep, dark foliage to set the proper autumn tone...
We love the look of this fall table from Sunset, with its rustic containers and dark, sculptural plants. It's perfectly evocative of an autumn mood without being gloomy or overly seasonal.
Here are some ideas for a fall party table:
• Black mondo grass (pictured below, around the base of the branches) won't work as an indoor plant, but for a temporary decoration, try a few little four-inchers in pretty pots parading down the center of your table.
• Decorate each place setting with a spring of rosemary on the napkin.
• Use rustic dishware instead of fine china. Try ceramics or terra cotta for an earthy autumn feel.
• Place a votive by each guest's plate; the candlelight cast on each face will provide warm, October-inspired light.
• Consider burlap or natural linen for a tablecloth and napkins.
How do you set your fall table? Please share ideas below!