They must be called "remotes" because they're always out of reach. To avoid losing a handle on TV and cable controllers, it's advsable to designate a set place to stash them so they don't get lost in the pillows. One of these DIY tutorials can help you whip up a custom sofa-side, bedside, or door handle remote caddy in no time so you'll never have to utter, "Where's the remote?"
It's useful for more than just remote controls, too. Keep smartphones by the door so they're never forgotten, or stash an e-reader next to the bed for late night reading. Since these fabric caddies are made from scratch, each one can be custom built with pockets that perfectly fit any gear.
- Quilted Sofa Organizer Turorial from the Art Gallery Fabrics blog
- Remote Control Holder Tutorial from Fiskars
- Bed Caddy Tutorial from Sew4Home
- Sofa Caddy Tutorial from Sew4Home
- Felt Door Organizer DIY from Design Sponge
(Images: As linked above)