- Penang Malaysia
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that even though for a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom of a 850 sq ft apartment might seems like a cramped space, it is just perfect for our little family. I have 2 boys age 8 and 6 and yes it is hard keeping the apartment in order but the small space with all the right amount of storage just works beautifully for us. Every area have it designated use and every square footage are used to its best advantage.
I'm definitely drawn to Scandinavian simplicity but at the same time it needs to feel really cosy. Being me, I'm also in love with everything vintage, MCM and Middle Eastern style with stuff from Turkey, Egypt and Morocco. I am a firm believer that a home should reflect your personality and filled only with stuff that you really love. So my home is an eclectic mix of all the above and then some.
Plants and books are also something that I must have and all of this creates such warmth and joy to my family.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Storage, storage and more storage. I am obsessed with it! Hidden storage around the home for toys will be really helpful as no matter how hard you try, boys will be boys. Try to have as much built in to have a more streamline looks, but there are lots of creative ways like ottoman with storage and nice baskets for storage even if you are trying to make do without built ins
2. Mirrors as it gives the illusions of depth and open up a space.
3. Multipurpose use of furniture like my coffee table which is actually IKEA Sigurd bench, kids can jump on them without me being worried it might break and it also serves as extra sitting at the dining table. My dining table is an expendable table that usually seats 6 but can go up to 10 or even 12 at times. Those extra chairs are from the balcony and other rooms.
All the movable items around the apartment keeps it from being boring and becomes such a enjoyable flexible space.