Is one of your goals this year to craft rooms that relax and renew? You certainly don't have to stick to neutral colors to keep it calm in your home, but if that's a direction you're willing to go, a perfect room to inspire is the elegant, clean, neutral living room seen in Kim and Kyle's Graceful Home tour.
Filled with textures and subtle patterns along with clean lines, it makes the best combination of styles. It just feels so relaxing. It also looks like the kind of space where you can let the important things in a home — like people and pets — be the stars. If this isn't enough color for you, you could use this palette as a jumping-off point for bolder accessories and as a place to come back to if your room's style seems too cluttered or fussy.
1. Similar: Jasper Sofa from Room & Board $1299
2. Same: Mill Coffee Table from CB2 $299
3. Same BASNAS rug from IKEA $199
4. Similar: TERESIA curtains from IKEA $7.99 a panel
5. Similar: Solange Mirror from Ballard Designs $129.99
6. Similar/Same: Newbury Table Lamp from Crate & Barrel $279 / Metal Acordian Side Table from Urban Outfitters $78
7. Similar: Honeycomb Crewel Pillow Cover from West Elm $30 and Que White Pillow from CB2 $39.95
Don't forget to check out the Apartment Therapy Classifieds for slick vintage and used furniture pieces to complete your look!