- Location: online only
- Website: http://kidsofkathmandu.org
- Founded by: Andrew Raible and Jami Saunders
- Headquarters: Brooklyn, New York
The Desk Project is the first-ever fundraiser for Kids of Kathmandu, a non-profit group that supports orphaned children in Nepal. Eleven New York-based architects and designers created one-of-a-kind childrens' desks, currently available for auction. If they reach their goal, each desk sold will support a child for one year.
Kids of Kathmandu was founded by Brooklyn-based furniture maker Andrew Raible and photographer Jami Saunders, who spent last summer volunteering at an orphanage in Nepal. With the hope of providing continued support to the children they cared for, the couple started a non-profit organization that works with designers and artists to raise money. Desks are up for auction online — bids close on May 12 at 11:45 pm.
- Desk by Daniel Moyer
- Wadaly Desk by Alejandro Cabrero and James Cohen
- Nine Stories Desk by Andrew Rumpler
- Made Desk
- Desk by Eric Manigian
- Uhuru Desk by Bil Higendorf
- Workshop Design Build Desk by James Harmon
- Desk by Brian DeRosia
- Taible by Andre Raible
- Strear Built Desk by Ben Strear
Kids of Kathmandu will hold its Inaugural Fundraising Gala at Ramscale Loft (463 West Side Hwy, New York, NY 10014) on Thursday, May 12, 2011 from 6:00-9:00 PM. Desks and large-format photographs will be auctioned off at the event. For further details, check out KidsOfKathmandu.org.