- Location: New York, New York and online
- Website: bestmadeco.com
- Founded by: Peter Buchanan-Smith
- Headquarters: New York, NY
We post a lot of up-to-the-minute tech on Unplggd, but sometimes it's nice to go back to the basics. Best Made began with a search to improve one of the most primitive of tools — the axe. Outdoorsman Peter Buchanan-Smith started making limited edition axes from the best materials he could find, and he eventually branched out in a search for the best made scissors, bags, hammers, and can openers.
Everything Peter sells through his Manhattan shop is made to survive for generations. It's not cheap, but it's good. His workshop is open by appointment — he describes it as "the nerve center of the Best Made world... it is not only where we base our operations, but it's where our customers can come to visit and get inspired. Everything we sell passes through our hands here and we invite you to come in and meet the Best Made crew."
Any first-hand reviews of Best Made products? Share them in the comments.
• Shozaburo High-grade Steel Shears, $116
• Dogyu Cast Steel Claw Hammer, $38
• Best Made First Aid Kit, $89
• Best Made Match Safe, $9
• Best Made P38 Can Opener - 5 Pack, $5
• Best Made Limited Edition Map, $98
• DMT Pocket File, $38
• Best Made Rucksack, $270
• Archival Clothing Tote, $90
• Opinel Pruning Knife, $33