- Location: Toronto, Ontario and online
- Website: bookhou.com
Toronto-based Bookhou was co-founded in 2003 by John Booth and Arounna Khounnoraj, and showcases their beautiful handiwork. All of their work emphasizes natural handmade materials on a small-scale production. Featuring home decor, bags, furniture, sculpture, painting and kid's soft toys, Bookhou is well worth a look around. Jump below for some of our favorite pieces...
1. We love the handprinted Sprig storage box made of natural linen with sturdy canvas lining. It's perfect for storing small books, mail, knitting and use it as a bread basket.
2. The felt trivets are another fun find.
3. The House Tea Towel is made of organic cotton and hemp. It's probably too pretty to use. We'd just hang it up and admire it.
4. All of their furniture. That section of the site is currently under construction, so we can't get names. But we love the felt-covered chair and the slat wood coffee tables.
Bookhou also offers sewing and screen printing classes if you're in the Toronto area.
See it all at their website.