- Location: Santa Monica, CA and online
- Website: californiaclosets.com
With a name like California Closets, you might not immediately think of this storage and organization service to be a resource for home office solutions. But the fact is closets and home offices are actually quite similar when comparing the issues of space, organization and aesthetic presentation, and many of the same concepts and solutions used to get your hallway or clothing closet in order can be applied to your home office space to keep wires out of sight, place useful lighting at hand and provide a storage space for all your computer gear...
"As the line between work and home becomes increasingly blurred, it's more important than ever to have a comfortable and functional home office where we can focus on the things we need to get done." Indeed, and sometimes tapping into the professional experience of a Design Consultant, like those available at California Closets can help transform either dedicated or mixed-use spaces into efficient, and more notably, attractive spaces to work from. California Closets tackles home office projects with the following guiding outline:
- The best place to start is by thinking about the ways you'll use your home office. How many people will use the space? Do you want multiple workspaces in the room? Will most of your work be on the computer or on the desktop?
- In many homes, office space has to be flexible enough to accommodate mixed usage. Mixed-use spaces need to be designed for both traditional computer-based work and more space-intensive tasks like bill paying, craft projects or hobbies. We can even integrate a wall bed system that allows your home office to double as a guest room when family and friends come to town.
- Designing a home office is one of the most complicated and technical projects our Design Consultants work on. From analyzing ergonomics to accommodating individual technology needs, to creating space for books and display items, to simple questions like whether the user is right or left-handed, our Design Consultants bring years of expertise to every office they create.
Home entertainment and media center solutions are also offered by California Closet's design team.
We like the service even considers the customer's dominant hand when designing spaces, providing an important bit of feedback for ergonomics, an issue most of us forget while setting up a home office. Services like California Closets can be a bit pricey, but total costs depend upon size of space, finish and amount of work needed. If you're working from home, one could argue utilizing a service like this could be considered an investment rather than a cost, since a well organized and ergonomic space is an efficient one.