- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Website: jardinsdesfleurs.com
- Founded: 2002
- Founded by: Makoto Azuma
- Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
33-year-old Makoto Azuma is one of those rare people who's managed to succeed as an artist while keeping a retail storefront. In his shop, Jardins des Fleurs, he creates custom floral arrangements...or conceptual artworks, depending on your point of view.
His arrangements have been exhibited in Japan, China, France, Italy, Isreal, and the US. His artworks are ephemeral and surreal, and they challenge the conventions of art just as much as they stretch the limits of floral design.
PROJECTS SHOWN ABOVE
• 1 AMPG Vol. 25 at Mitsubishi-Jisho Artium
• 2 Bridge of Plants at Arkhills
• 3 Naoshima Public Bath
• 4 Floral Arrangement
• 5 DistortionXFlowers at Eye of Gyre