- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Website: scholtenbaijings.com
- Founded by: Stefan Scholten & Carole Baijings
- Headquarters: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam design duo Stefan Scholten & Carole Baijings made a brief appearance today on the New York Times' style site, with Carole in a bright yellow Chloé dress and red heels. The photo reminded us why we love this pair — everything they do feels structured but joyful, and their eye for color is inimitable.
The Times describes their work as "intellectually rigorous" — a phrase that might refer to the way they're able to manipulate materials (creating porcelain that resembles cardboard with scored 'folds' in their Paper Table series) or their ability to create something fresh out of simple time-worn patterns like stripes and plaids (see their blankets for Thomas Eyck and their bedding for Danish company Hay).
For a fun peek inside their studio and its many colorful vignettes check out this tour at Sight Unseen.
SOURCES & MORE INFORMATION
• Scholten & Baijings
• Scholten & Baijings: Styled to a T | New York Times
• Modern Plaid: Blankets & Pillows by Scholten & Baijings | Apartment Therapy
• Studio Visit: Scholten & Baijings | Sight Unseen
• Scholten & Baijings at Hay
• Scholten & Baijings at Thomas Eyck
• Scholten & Baijings at Unica Home