- Location: multiple locations
- Website: sheridaninteriordesign.com
- Founded: March 2012
- Founded by: Jason Mathews
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Jason Mathews when I was photographing his house tour (coming soon!), and was excited to learn that he owns and operates a brick & mortar design firm and showroom out of Capitol Hill in Seattle. Opened in March, 2012, Sheridan + Company provides personalized interior design services and specializes in new and vintage furnishings with an emphasis on locally produced furniture and artwork.
Mathews' love for interior design emerged after a stint as a segment producer for CBS News' The Early Show in New York City. "I worked with editors from Martha Stewart Living, House & Garden, Elle Décor and Real Simple and that's when I started falling in love with the idea of how people live in their homes. I was inspired by their vision for making living spaces both stylish and livable and always a reflection of one's personal taste."
Jason believes interiors should be about how people want to live, not trends or fads. "My clients tell me they feel proud of their homes because they live in comfort surrounded by expressions of their personal style." Jason's favorite projects layer traditional, modern and custom elements to create beautiful, relaxing and timeless spaces.
The best part (I think) is that Sheridan + Company represents handcrafted furniture and art work by numerous Pacific Northwest artisans including, but definitely not limited to:
• Seattle designer Arry Yu creator of the Arry Table, a Murphy bed-like table, perfect for any multipurpose space (see photo three under the "Meats and Produce" sign).
• Whitcomb & Company, a furniture design company providing clients in Seattle and Los Angeles with unique pieces from local reclaimed materials.
For more about Sheridan + Company, visit their store page over at Marketplace.
(Photos by Andie Powers)