- Location: online only
- Website: snapinteriordesign.com/index.php
The founding of this new type of consulting business represents a trend in professional interior design. Snap! Interior Design is an online company whose reps will give you advice for a nominal fee.
Because the big-money clients aren't shelling out for fabric and furnishings like they used to, designers are becoming more open-minded about the projects they accept and the ways in which they get paid. We can't say we're crazy about all the work shown on the website, but if you're almost finished with a room and have a few nagging issues that need to be resolved by an expert, this seems like an economical option for finding some solutions.
Similar enterprises exist, but most create an entire room from scratch and don't offer smaller-scale advice. Snap! will do a color consultation, space plan, lighting plan, furniture selection, art selection, or window treatments starting at $75 a pop. All suggested items are available to the public through the normal retail outlets.
Here's how it works:
• Step 1. Purchase service package that best suits your needs and budget.
• Step 2. Tell us about you! Fill out our written client survey and visual style guide with your individual tastes and preferences.
• Step 3. Measure and take photos of your room or rooms, and email them to our design team.
• Step 4. Give us 7 business days to create your custom design plan including a floor plan, furniture selections and purchasing information.
To learn more, visit Snap! Interior Design here.