- Location: Simrishamn, Sweden and online
- Website: urbanliving.se
Simrishamn-based lifestyle boutique Urban Living is a testament to the fact that contemporary Swedish design isn't limited to IKEA. Browse their website to get a feel for what's happening in the world of Scandinavian designer furniture.
Although the site is in Swedish and all prices are listed in Swedish Krona (VAT included), you don't have to speak the language to appreciate the photos. Products are shown in the context of big, beautiful lifestyle images, and designers are clearly listed for each entry.
The roster of brands includes Danish line HAY, classics by Karl Andersson and Bestlite, A2 furniture by Sara Larsson, objects by Muuto, and shelving from String. These are the kind of products we often spot at European trade shows like Maison & Objet or Ambiente, but appear less frequently in the US.
Has anyone visited Urban Living in person? Share your story in the comments.
• Nest Golv by Karl Andersson & Soner, 5,995 SEK
• Bestlite Pandant, 4,895 SEK
• Happy Stool by Sara Larsson, 2,200 SEK
• Sara Bench by HAY, 6,200 SEK
• Hayman Mini by SMD Design, 1,690 SEK
• Temugg by Hoganas Keramik, 185 SEK
• Pocket By String, 945 SEK
• Gray 01 by Gervasoni, 20,385 SEK
• Collect by Sara Larsson, 9,900 SEK
• PK24 by Republic of Fritz Hansen, 106,380 SEK