- Location: Burliungton, VT and online
- Website: vermontfarmtable.com
- Founded: 2008
- Founded by: J. Dustin Glasscoe
- Headquarters: Charlotte, VT
Vermont Farm Table is a boutique woodworking studio that builds custom tables, windsor chairs, and benches from reclaimed or sustainable wood sources. They design both modern and traditional farm tables using only non-toxic and environmentally-friendly finishes.
While Vermont Farm Table offers a few in stock tables, where they really shine is the custom table business (browse their site for inspiration). They allow you to completely customize your table from the wood, down to the finish. Complete a simple online order form and request a quote. See the process below.
They claim to travel the state, searching for the best wood to go into their products. Their choices are all unique and green. Their products include as much reused and sustainable material as they can find and use only the most environmentally friend woods, finishes and paints available.
Each table is unique. Here is the order process from their Web site:
1. The custom order process begins with choosing a wood for the top. Their choices are beautiful and varied:
2. Choose your size based on a seating guide. They claim to be capable of building ANY size table, but ask you begin by planning the number of chairs at the table for reference.
3. Choose the wood for your base. Choices range from maple, purple heart, cherry, mahogany, walnut, several types of oak and pine.
4. Choose your base, from traditional to modern:
5. Pick your finish (all non-toxic and traditionally, no VOC oil):