I was an architect in a former life, and although I may not be one anymore, I still know how to recognize one. Here are 11 telltale signs that you (or someone you know) might be an architect.
1. You have a favorite kind of pen.
2. You refer to your favorite architects (Mies, Corbu, Zaha) by first names or nicknames, as if they are your buddies.
3. You regularly use the word 'colorways'.
4. Your friends wait patiently for you to finish while you complain about the poor detailing in a space.
5. More than half of your vacation photos are of buildings.
6. And more than half of those are of tiny details of buildings and nobody can understand why you took them.
7. You've drawn up plans for your dream house but can never afford to build it.
8. You've ever gone on a rant about unrealistic portrayals of architects in movies and on tv.
9. Your home is decorated with models you made in college but can't bear to throw away.
10. You have a favorite Autocad command.
11. You've ever dressed completely in black without even meaning to.
What did I miss?