For those of you with potting benches, here's a great idea for another use: a party station! While potting benches were designed for something completely different than entertaining, it's almost as though they were separated by birth from outdoor bars. Just think: the dirt bin doubling as a ice bucket, the shelf for cups, the list goes on and on…
With outside bars costing far more than your typical potting bench, and the opportunity to use something you might already have might be the way to go. I know my mom's potting bench goes unused since all of her gardens are fully stocked and planted. This would be a great way to bring new life into her old piece of outdoor furniture.
A few green outdoor bar accessories:
- Re-purposed spaghetti jars for beverage containers (10 Simple Uses for Spaghetti Jars)
- Lexon's crank powered AM/FM radio (compatible with MP3 players).
- Beer Bottle Tumblers from BottleHood
- Tiki Torch from a Wine Bottle
- 20 Outdoor DIY Projects To Take Pride In
(Image: This Old House)