If you opt for a real tree this year, make good use out of the trimmings with one of these easy projects:
1. Use your trimmings to wrap your holiday gifts: you can make a wreath for your presents or place trimmings on top with some twine and washi tape.
2. Bring them to your holiday table and use them as placecards or to dress up your napkins.
3. Using twine, make sweet garland or a holiday mobile.
4. Make homemade evergreen glass ornaments or a small, simple wreath.
5. Simply place in a jar and enjoy.
Tip: for sticky fingers, use olive oil as an evergreen sap remover.
MORE HOLIDAY DECOR ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• How To Make Your Own Holiday Wreath
• Simply Elegant: Natural Holiday Decor
• Christmas Tree Alternative: An Evergreen Vase
(Images: 1. Odessa May; 2+3 Karen Mordechai via The Sweetest Occasion; 4. Ruffled; 5. Vintage House; 6. Poppytalk; 7. Kinfolk; 8. She Makes a Home; 9. Chelsea Fuss via Frolic; 10. Reading My Tea Leaves)