Some cities (New York, Tokyo, Paris) are known for their multitude of small space homes whereas Chicago has a very varied housing stock in terms of size, within and across our neighborhoods. It's all about the mix here - we've been in super small studios located right around the corner from a triple wide single family mansions! The archive of House Tours originating from Chicago reflect this square footage mix...
....but in honor of small spaces month and our about-to-launch Small Cool Contest, we put together this list of some super, smaller (under 1000 square foot) spaces in our fair city.
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. Summer and Josh's Pumped Up Traditional - 700 square feet
2. Teresa's Goldberg on the Gold Coast - 800 square feet
3. Kevin & Dop's Playful Uptown Loft - 884 square feet
4. Emily & Jacob's Poetically Photographed Home - 950 square feet
5. Mark & Ania's Warm Neatnik Style - 900 square feet
Shown above, bottom row, left to right:
6. Amy's Vintage-Modern Nest - 500 square feet
7. Erik & Smith's Historic Hideaway - 900 square feet
8. Emily's Crisp & Contemporary Studio - 300 square feet
9. Jason & Michael's Beautifully Structured Bohemian - 800 square feet
10. Denenge's Magical Maison - 550 square feet