Small Space Living: 25 DIY Projects for Your Living Room
When you live in a small home, you’re always looking for ways to get creative with the precious space that you have. If you’re going to commit to a piece of furniture or accessory, it needs to count — you’ve got to really love it. It’s a bonus if it’s got storage involved and more than one function is always a win. I’m going to go out on a limb here and also make an educated guess that if you’re living in a small space you’re also looking for affordable solutions. Here are 25 DIY projects that hit many of the points above – you’re sure to find one you want to try…
1. DIY space saving mounted shelving, by Almost Makes Perfect.
2. DIY leather hanging planters to save floor space, by Vintage Revivals.
3. A super stylish DIY brass wall mounted lamp, by Hello Lidy.
4. Put your magazines to use as extra seating. Make your own version of this Hockenheimer Magazine Stool, as seen on California Home & Design.
5. Old crates get turned into wall mounted display shelves, as seen on Design Sponge.
6. Turn a suitcase into a table for some extra storage, by Stars for Streetlights.
7. DIY hanging honeycomb shelves instead of floor shelves, by A Beautiful Mess.
8. Double duty ottoman and spare seating, as seen on Just Flew the Coop.
9. Space saving overlapping floating corner shelves, from A Home West.
10. DIY wall lamp, by That Nordic Feeling.
11. Turn wooden crates into a coffee table with lots of storage, as posted by The Home Depot.
12. Upcycle some old dresser drawers into hanging display shelves, by Shades of Grey.
13. These hanging rope geometric shape shelves are no longer available at Urban Outfitters but would make an easy DIY project.
14. Triple duty ottoman that can also store books and be used as a coffee table, as seen on Mon Makes Things.
15. Turn your storage trunk into a display table for double duty, by Turquoise Violet.
16. Chop a table in half to make it take up less space without sacrificing the look, as spotted on Woonideeen.
17. An old cable spool turns into book storage and a coffee table, as seen on Country Living.
18. A DIY modern pendant sconce that takes up less room that floor lamp, by Sugar and Cloth.
19. Turn an old crate into an extra seat with storage when you need it. Make your own version of this one available at Ballard Designs.
20. A great IKEA hack where a bed turns into a coffee table full of storage, as seen on IKEA Hackers.
21. This IKEA hack magic turns a coffee table into a raised table to eat on. Spotted on IKEA Hackers.
22. Another trendy and space saving hanging planter, by Vintage Revivals.
23. DIY bookshelves made from books, as spotted on May December.
24. Make your own floating shelves from leather belts and wood, as featured on Design Sponge.
25. Give a storage trunk double duty by creating a DIY coffee table, by I Heart Nap Time.