Small on Footprint, Large on Features: Port-A-Bach Home
I have always loved the idea of using shipping containers as a building material. Atelier Workshop’s Port-A-Bach puts everything you need, in a SINGLE container – and makes it look good!
As a second home this would be ideal. It’s portable, can be highly secure to both people and environmental concerns, and is very green. As a primary residence, it might be a little small for more than a single individual but I’m sure it could be done.
According to Atlier Workshops Web site, it comfortably sleeps two adults and two children. Other features include:
- fully enclosed exterior steel shell (when folded up).
- appointed with large internal storage cupboards and shelves / stainless steel kitchen and fittings / bathroom with open shower, sink, composting toilet.
- interior fabric screen system gives the versatility of creating rooms within the large open living space : includes bunk beds, double bed room, dressing room, kitchen and bathroom
- exterior canvas screen system allows to shelter the deck area for comfortable indoor/outdoor flow and living.
- 6 concrete footings form a stable, non-invasive ‘foundation’, allowing you to situate the unit on a wide range of ground conditions.