This is an old idea, but a good one. If you need to free up some floor space, wall-mounted sconces are a great solution by the bed, in the bathroom, in the living room, or in the hall. They're also a good way to upgrade a rental without investing too much money or time. For ideas and resources, click through...
• 1 If you don't have room for a nightstand, use wall-mounted reading lights.
• 2 A wall-mounted lamp can also free up surface space on a side table.
• 3 AB Chao uses inexpensive and versatile clamp lights throughout her home.
• 4 These IKEA Basisk wall lamps were mounted with Montera cord covers.
• 5 In this IKEA hack, reader Splatgirl turned two $9 desk lamps into wall sconces.