Over the years we have profiled many small apartments and studios in Brooklyn. Some of them have won Small Cool contests. Some have not. But they are all small. And they are all cool. Move over, big brownstone.
1. Eric McFly's Constant Curating Lots of underlying white and neutrals create a sense of airy brightness.
2. LJ Wraps Up. The bright red artwork draws the eyes upward.
3. Amy's Dashing Details.
4. Small Cool 2011 U.S. Winner Jordan in Brooklyn. Notice the use of tiny side tables, an ottoman as extra seating, and the white, drop leaf table in the corner that provides extra book storage.
5. Tom & Justin Gently Shape Thier Landmark This Brooklyn Heights apartment has drool-worthy built-in storage.
6. Sonia & Jesko's Brooklyn Compact.
7. Andrew's Exaggerated Proportions. Andrew has maxed out all the potential storage spaces in his small Williamsburg apartment.
8. Alex's Melting Pot of a First Apartment No space is wasted in this cozy room, which manages to look uncluttered while being very warm and welcoming.
9. Jason's Brownstone Studio. There's a lot going on in this studio but it manages not to look cluttered because it is so organized and color coordinated.
10. Ratmonger's View of Brooklyn. In this place, the walls become a focal point, creating vertical space where there is limited floor space.
11. Laura's Inviting Live/Work Studio. Vertical storage at its best.
12. Sandy's Southern Exposure . Sandy has made the most of her small kitchen by coming up with creative ways to add storage.
(Images credited in original posts).